There are reports that the House Oversight Committee is considering a bipartisan review of Trump’s financials before they go to recess for Thanksgiving. As with many other offices on Capitol Hill, their lines are often busy right now, but you can still have your voice heard:
- Fax a personalized letter, using the talking points below, to their fax line at (202) 225-3974. There is a free online fax service called Fax Zero that you can use if you don’t have access to a fax machine. Include your name and full address in the letter.
- Call the members of the Committee and leave a message with their staff.
- Call your Representative and Senator and leave a message there as well about this.
- Please support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump’s financials and apparent conflicts of interest.
- the American people deserve to know that President-elect’s business interests do not interfere with his role as the Chief Executive of the United States.
- Since he refused to release his tax returns and other financials to the public, it is necessary that the legislative branch reviews this information.
Reminder: Be respectful and please don’t yell. It is likely a college intern answering the phone and they have probably be handling these calls all day. They will ask you for your name and address and probably an email address. This is a standard procedure for most Congressional offices.